Saturday, January 27, 2007

Neo-Platonic Basics

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I've been Working with this syncretic Judeo-Christian/Neo-Platonic system for a while now, based almost entirely on the the Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Agrippa. I've been reading Plato's Timaeus, Plotinus' Enneads, and Hermes Trismegistus' s The Divine Pymander, and it's all been percolating into a pretty strong brew within my sphere. When I hit the epiphany the other day, I was convinced it was a Universal Truth. I still think it is, but the general responses I'm getting are telling me that it's not making the kind of impact it had on me. In general, I've gotten a "yeah, ok" response, when this is the Key to Everything! Well, at least I think it is. For me, definitely, and I don't see anything that would indicate it wouldn't be the Key to Life, the Universe and Everything in a much more more meaningful way than "42."

So, with that in mind, I'm going to be posting a series of NP basics so the foundation of the system I'm working with is documented somewhere. I see another book in my future. Distant future. :)

So here's the planned outline:

1.0 - Overview Sections:

  • 1.1 - NP Cosmology: How it all started
  • 1.2 - The Harmony of the Spheres
  • 1.3 - Spirits: Why we Work with 'em, How we Work with 'em
  • 1.4 - Why we're here: The Great Work in a NP Magical System
  • 1.5 - While we're here: The Great Work in Action

2.0 - Practical Sections:

  • 2.1 - The Lamp
  • 2.2 - About those Planets...
  • 2.3 - The Joys of Making Talismen
  • 2.4 - Elemental Kings
  • 2.5 - Spirit Pots
  • 2.6 - Them pesky demons are at it again...
  • 2.7 - The Genius and the Evil Daimon

3.0 - The Glyph

  • 3.1 - Putting it all Together: The Altar Layout Revisited
  • 3.2 - Using the Glyph in Practice

That should cover everything. Along the way, I'll probably have other posts to make about some pet projects. I've started making my Genius/Evil Daimon... thing. Yeah, I'll get to details on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Frater I have been reading your blog for awhile I would be keen to give your methods a try :) Keep posting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.