Friday, March 16, 2007

Bune Update

Well, it's been a while since I've given any updates on my Spirit Pot operation with Bune of the Goetia, so here's some more recent information.

When I first put the pot together, I was looking to get rich quick. He was the best-looking prospect of the Goetic entities, because his description says "he giveth riches to a man," and I wanted $7MUSD and change. Things didn't quite turn out that way.

Instead, after working with Bune for a long time now, I've learned how he manifests riches. He's a Jupiter-Sagittarius spirit, according to Crowley, and that's the information I used to gather his attributes together. I have had opportunity after opportunity to work my ass off come into my life since I started Working with Bune. Not that that's stopped me from trying to use him to win the Lottery. When the MegaMillions hit $270 Million, I burned a veritable BONFIRE of purple candles after buying the lotto tickets. I still lost, but last week, after burning the candles, I had 26 hours of overtime...

Ok, so we'll start with the job I got. It's about an hour away (a long bow-shot). I'm doing what I've been doing for the last seven years, and I'm making $20 more an hour than I did seven years ago. Everyone at work loves me. That's the Jupiter thing, he bestows graces on people, and one of the ways it manifests is that the people in authority love you. Between now and September, I have 10 hours a week of scheduled overtime. If you've worked on projects with a schedule, you know nothing ever comes in under budget and on time. I'll be making a fortune, and the project is scheduled to last for years, they've only got hours assigned through September.

Now, everything at my work isn't roses. There's this evil nasty woman whose very name sounds like the kind of person she really is, but I won't mention it. She's got the responsibility of managing an artifact that impacts the whole team, but she will only make it useful for her own department. When you try to make the artifact useful by getting her to add the information that you need the tool for, she refuses. She's the reason I got to make 26 hours of overtime; she made three people create documentation manually that could have been drawn from the artifact automatically in ten minutes.

So I mentioned her to Bune one day, as his properties include putting spirits in their places. This bitch needed to be put in her place. So Wednesday she came out of a meeting nearly in tears because she was adding information I'd been telling her needed to be in the artifact for WEEKS. I was so happy. (Not very enlightened, but hey, I'm WORKING on the Great Work, I ain't done yet!)

I engraved the seals on the side of the pot too, a while ago, and polished up the lid. I'm stuck with my phone camera for now, so the images you see here aren't the best, but they're the best I can do at the moment.



I also made a small talisman for Bune out of Copper (he's a Duke, and their metal is copper) and Tin (because he's a Jupiter spirit). This was the first time I made an alloy, and I used a propane torch (from Walmart) and a little steel pan (also from Walmart) and my stove to get the amount of heat I needed to melt the copper. I had to put the materials right up against the edge of the pan to get the heat to reflect off the steel and create a furnace effect hot enough to melt the copper into the already-melted tin. Here's what it looks like:



After working with Bune, I have come to understand the description of this Spirit in the Goetia a little better, and if you're interested in a Bune working, here's how I would describe him (my changes to the traditional Spirit description are in {brackets} below):

The 26th spirit is called Bune [or Bime]. He is a strong, great & mighty duke, & appeareth in ye forme of a {little green froggy-looking guy, about three feet tall, and he sits in the corner of the astral temple most of the time.} He speaketh with a {voice like a breeze, barely touching your consciousness, and in choppy, post-industrial wasteland settings in dreams.} He {is an excellent exorcist, adept at putting the spirits of the dead back in their grave when they are bothering the living,} & causeth those spirits that {are beneath his rank, including people who aren't particularly spiritual), to {be put back in their place, if they get all uppity.} He giveth Riches to a man {by providing good-paying, but hard work, or by inspiring you to do a lot of work that will pay off in the long run} & maketh him wise & eloquent {by improving your vocabulary and giving you ease when you're talking to people in authority. Neat huh?}. He giveth true Answards to yr demands, & governeth 30 Legions of spirits.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for all your info on Bune. You've been most helpful in my own first foray into the world of evocation. I've learned alot from your blog and really enjoy reading each post.

    You've also inspired me to once again attempt to keep my own blog. This time the intent will be to journal my ongoing experiences on my odd little spiritual path.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.