Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sitting wth the Elders

I sit with the elders of a generation this world has seldom seen.

If you pay attention, you’ll note that’s been added to my signature line on various message boards. Sure, it’s like the lyrics of the Led Zeppelin song. Sure, it seems a little pretentious. Nevertheless, it’s true.

I and my magical friends and nemeses are doing more meaningful magical acts today than I’ve ever been aware of in the occult realm. Pagans are paganing, CMs are returning to the grimoires in droves, magi are expecting magic to work, and demand explanations when it doesn’t.

People are reading my stuff, linking to my sites, reading my articles, and getting inspired to do more Work. That’s awesome. I feel privileged to be a part of this generation.

And my friends, they’re the most magically active members of the online community. We’re working on our own projects, comparing notes on different spirits we work with, and getting a lot done personally.

I’m honored to be among them. They’re the elders of this generation, not necessarily in years, but in experience. We are the Crowleys, Matherses, and Westcotts of our generation. We are the Agrippas and Brunos and Iamblichuses and Plutarchs of our time. We are the masters of the Emerald Tablet, ascending to the heavens, and returning to the earth in great power to create the universe.

It’s so easy, anyone can do it. If you want to do it, do it. You wouldn’t have a desire to do it if you weren’t capable. Do some magic. Talk to some spirits. Take the world by the balls and make it do your bidding. Heal the sick, empower the downtrodden, manipulate elections. Send evil upon your enemies and blessings upon your friends.

Be a magician, and join the Elders of this mighty generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.