Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Fuck George Carlin

If I see one more email thread mentioning how wonderful George Carlin was, I'm gonna be sick. He was a self-righteous, lazy pompous arrogant windbag, and guess what? He personally hated you and everyone else that sends out all these "the world is a worse place without you, George" emails, as if he isn't like, "Fuck you, I got out and you're stuck in, and I made it without offing myself, by the skin of my teeth some nights when it was me and Jack Daniels in a seedy motel near the local gig that barely covered the motel and the gas, but I made it, and if I didn't mention it, fuck you."

I want to grab everyone who loves George Carlin and take a fucking minute to remind you:

EVERYTHING HE POINTED OUT THAT WAS WRONG WITH THE WORLD, HE BLAMED YOU PERSONALLY FOR BECAUSE HE SAID YOU WERE A STUPID FUCKTARD WHO DOESN'T DO SHIT TO MAKE THINGS BETTER.

And I agree. Why not? It's a lot easier to sit around and declare the world a shitty place and blame everyone that's just trying to get by until they die than it is to actually DO SOMETHING to make it a better place.

George Carlin made a business out of saying things that every twenty-something has said at Perkins, Denny's, or whatever 24 hour cafe that serves cheap coffee have said for years. He wasn't original, or even particularly unique. He was a bitter asshole. And he's dead. That's the epitaph he deserves.

Get over it.

1 comment:

  1. Even my father-in-law (the cool biological father of my wife, not the sick pedophile) pointed out that the twenty-somethings in Denny's aren't making a multi-million dollar career out of their rants.

    So I can't say he wasn't original or unique. :D

    Still, he was bitter. And I do respect that he made a profit. And my wife says I'm jealous. And she might be right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.