Friday, November 21, 2008

Barbatos in 2009

Well, ladies and gents, I've got some plans warming.

The Invisible College is a thing I've spoken of before. I'm going to start using a blog I set up before to track how I use magic to influence my world. I'd like to invite anyone interested in writing posts for the blog to contact me, and I'll add you to the list of authorized writers. I ask that only those who are comfortable talking about how they practically use magic to control their world contact me.

The rest of this post is an example of what I would expect to see at the Invisible College Blog, only better written, more creative, and less rambling. I do tend to ramble.

Barbatos in 2009

I was looking through the Goetia descriptions today, and found this description of Barbatos:
Makes you Dr. Doolittle, opens treasures sealed by magicians, divination, reconciles friends and those in power
I know, where did I ever find such an awesome and detailed description of the spirit? From my spreadshet. One of the columns I have for the Goets is a quick-reference guide to their abilities.

No, you can't have it.

Reconciles Friends and Those in Power

Hey, that sounds like the kind of help a leader of the US might need after taking over from a bumbling Texan with more financial backers than brains who single-handedly pissed off most of the countries of the world over the last eight years. That's also the kind of help I'd like to see get to work in Iraq's Parliament, the Palestine-Israel situation, and Russia-Georgia.

So, rather than experiment on my own country's leadership, I'm going to start in the backwater nations. A quick Google news search tells me that there are ample opportunities for Reconciliations between those in Power in many parts of the world. How wonderful for me!

I'm going to start with Somalia. The following dudes are having issues:

President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed & Prime Minister Nur Hassan Hussein

Granted, I don't have a large amount of info on the background of their problems, but I don't want to have to know. I want to gauge the effectiveness of Barbatos in bringing reconciliation between two political leaders. These dudes are the first target. I'll find some others later to get a wider sampling. If it looks like Barbatos is good at bringing reconciliation without any major catastrophes as a result, then I'll help Obama out in his efforts with Iran, Russia, and France. I'll also target the GOP and the Democrats, see if we can get a little peace in congress so we can make some progress.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll look for a spirit that makes Wall Street people SMART for a change. :-D

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to join in on the blog. "Better living through modern magick" all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you misspelled Barbados after getting that sweet new pay increase..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres hoping that you to make new bonds between the next Hitler and Mengele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am game. As soon as I finish editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should have read, "don't make bonds".

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun. I would love to participate, as soon as I finish 'Ye Olde Operation of Pulling Me Head Out of Me Arse.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s only for Ceremonial/Goetic magicians or someone more Druidic like myself can participate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enrolled in so many colleges right now, that adding one more is just peachy :)

    And to the Hyena, I have given up on that trick and just pierced my belly button. At least that way I have a peep hole :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Careful R.O. These sort of folks in those parts of the world are known to have some fairly experienced practitioners in their employ. To put it mildly. Several points come to mind.

    1. They may not care for outside meddling.

    2. You might want to set up a mirror trap first for both the primary target and for their hired guns.

    3. Check with Inominandum before you get in too deep.

    4. F'ing with Bush or Obama could be just as bad. You know what they say about Bar. And you know the 'O' has lots of helpers out there.

    5. Better safe than sorry.

    If you like I'll send you one of my Monster Traps. It has 26 interior mirror facets and sounds like just the thing you may need going forward with these guys.

    Frater EHA-e

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.