Friday, April 02, 2010

A Change of the Winds

In Mary Poppins, one of the things that I always thought was pretty cool was that when the wind changed direction Mary Poppins blew into town, and stayed only until it changed directions again. Depending on your magical system's tradition, you can probably narrow down which sublunar spirit she embodied if you figure out which way the wind is blowing.

Heh, that's an idiom too. "I know which way the wind blows" means roughly the same as "I can read the writing on the wall." And Shakespeare's Hamlet was only mad when the wind blew in some directions.

Well, I can feel a shifting of the winds. The times, they are a changin', as the song goes. I'm expecting blue skies after a storm, a cool breeze on a hot day. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

It's nice to be expecting things to get better again.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great though for Black Friday. May Easter make your hopes of resurrection a reality

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.