Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy: A User's Guide

I realized today that the Red Work series of courses is basically a user's guide for the Three Books of Occult Philosophy, only structured in a way that provides the Hermetic initiatory ascent through the heavens to accomplish the Great Work. Many of the Black Work course topics I'm covering are basically how to take the information from Books 1 and 2 and put it to use, and the White and Green Work courses are about Book 3.

Years ago, someone said I should write a book that explains how to use the information in Agrippa to accomplish the Great Work in easy to understand steps. I guess I'm finally getting around to it.

I've been trying to figure out how to run the courses, how to schedule them so I don't get backlogged, and people can join at any time, but not bog down the more advanced students on the group lists with a bunch of questions that have already been addressed. So I'm thinking of taking a page from Jason's course structure and I'll be starting new course "cycles" every three months. Or so.

Anyway, the courses just started, and if you want to join, you still can. Registration for this cycle will have to close July 31 though, I must retain my fingernail grip on my sanity. Registration will reopen Nov. 1 - Nov. 30.

1 comment:

  1. Roll that S*** out, I'm ready to dissolve once more & get my hands dirty. ;)

    And check yo e-mail when you can get to it, please sir.

    -S.e.A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.