Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recipes for the Fey

Knowing how to prepare for dinner with the fey can be very difficult. There simply aren't a lot of surviving cookbooks that address the finer points of fey-cuisine.

Fortunately, they're a versatile bunch, and seem to go well with just about any combination of flavors. Mexican spices are as pleasing as lemon pepper, or garlic and shallots with a light sherry sauce. My favorite is butter and garlic with tarragon, liberally applied.

Personally, when cooking with the fey, I've found that just about any recipe for shrimp works really well. Beginning at 2:25:



I was originally concerned about their bones, and perhaps the scarcity of meat, but the bones seem to soften right up. You must be careful though, overcooking your fairies turns them tough and rubbery. I prefer them with the wings removed. Some have suggested setting the wings aside and using them as garnish, but they look too much like cecaida wings to me, and they put me right off my appetite.

"Gosh, honey, Daddy sure HOPES
the tooth fairy comes tonight!"
Once you get the hang of it, you'll find the hardest part is catching them in the first place. Word of your taste will soon spread throughout their realm, and they'll rarely come within reach. Clever strategies can be devised, however, that play on their overriding instincts.

12 comments:

  1. *uncomfortable, halting laughter* ...RO is only joking, m'lords. Surely. Don't eat him. Uhh....here some milk in a saucer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    I don't believe in fairies.

    Keep clapping, kiddies, I can hit cntrl-V all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gag would have been more convincing if the trap was blood spattered... hey, what color is fairy blood anyway? is it like iridescent or sparkly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Let me know how that works out for you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry gang, but I am opting for the sweet saucer of milk outside the door. I'll tell my Good Neighbours he's only joshing.

    We're so cautious in our house we always giving a warning before pouring water outside in case we accidentally splash *Someone* walking by. (have to side with the good Frater A.I.T. on this one....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairies are serious business, apparently. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...

    Are you trying to destabilise a Tulpa? You want to be careful,you know; push the metaphysical imbalance too far and you're scraping ectoplasm of what remains of the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'all are a bunch of sissies, man. Where's Jason at?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the Fey got him ;-)

    Personally, I think they'd be great dipped in lemon butter sauce like artichokes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, no need to hide behind me Deb! If folk are fucking with the Fae, you won't find my there at all. =)

    You keep talking that shit, brother RO. As a dear and beloved brother, I'll be sure to pour out a little liquor for you on Saturdays.

    .....can I have your Wands?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think They can get you on the Internet. Probably. Like...%80 sure.

    Although this does encourage me to get started on my Remedial Lore posts. (They may have to be more remedial than originally planned...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. FRO, you are just asking for trouble from the fey aren't you?!!? :) LOL!

    Skip feeding on the fey... try humans instead. With a little barbecue sauce... mmmm... mmm.... delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.