Thursday, October 06, 2011

Inventory Time

Right now, we're in the Jewish mystical week between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, the High Holidays. I'm not Jewish, but I'm human, and the High Holidays are meaningful in a human context that applies to me even though I'm a Hermetic Christian.

On Rosh Hashanah, I took the time to remember where I was a year ago, and where I fucked up, and who I fucked over this year. This week I'm repenting and atoning where necessary, and planning the year to come. On Yom Kippur I'm doing a Saturn rite to seal the plan in place, and then I'll be traveling to the spirit realm throughout the year to get help and support in implementing the plan.

In figuring out my plan, I went back to basics. Who am I? Where am I? Why am I here? What do I want? What has to happen to get me what I want? What spiritual aid will be most appropriate?

I am a human being, made in the Image of God. I am a magician, called to move between the spiritual and material realms to gain power and insight, to take my place as a manifestation of the Divine and resume my proper role of Creator and Maintainer of my world. I am directly responsible for most of what I experience. I am responsible for my reactions to the things I experience that are not direct manifestations of my decisions, thoughts, and actions. The things I experience this year will be the results of the things that I have done and will do, mostly.

I am the nexus point of the spiritual and material realms. Through me the world I experience is created. In the material realm, the Realm of Elements, the Ideas in the Mind of God take shape and form, the spiritual powers that contributed to the fleshing out of the Idea are reflected in matter. In the spirit realm, I am in all the heavens at the same time, in communion with my spiritual brothers and sisters. I am in a world in motion, where the powers and forces I deal with in the spiritual realm are at play. I am in the realm of the Effect, experiencing my spiritual and material realities from a constantly moving reference point of consciousness that travels across space and time under the guise of "now."

And most of what I experience already happened a few milliseconds before I became aware of it enough to react.

I am here to create and maintain my world. I gain the wisdom and power to do so through my spiritual practices. I get clues about the future through divination and direct revelation. I get clues about what I need to be focusing on from my desires, and my interests. I get clues about where my next projects will lie from my inspiration, my Muse, my Genius.

As for my plans, and what spiritual aid is necessary to accomplish them, well, you'll just have to wait and see. Let's just say this coming year is going to be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Gmar chatima tovah. May you, your family, friends and blog readers be written and sealed in the book of life & happiness for a sweet year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.